CBB is committed to improving and promoting diversity, equity and inclusion at Yale and within the program. Below you can find our DEI unit plan which contains specific goals and action items that we hope to accomplish in the future. There are many DEI organizations with a variety of focuses and many different resources available at an institutional level and graduate level.
Yale GSAS Diversity Resources for Prospective Students
Yale GSAS Diversity Resources for Current Students
CBB DEI Unit Plan
DEI Organizations at Yale
This is a list of DEI organizations at Yale; note that this is not a comprehensive list and if you would like to see more organizations listed below, reach out to us and we will update this list. The organizations listed below have a variety of focuses and we recommend visiting their website to learn more about upcoming events from these organizations.
- Dean’s Advisory Council on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex Affairs (DAC)
- Diversity, Inclusion, Community Engagement, and Equity (DICE)
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- Women in Science at Yale
- Yale BBS Diversity and Inclusion Collective (YBDIC)
- Yale Ciencia Initiative (YCI)
- Yale School of Medicine Black Postdoctoral Association
DEI Resources at Yale
Below is a list of resources and what schools or groups these resources are associated with. Each group or school has different resources; check out their websites to find out more.
- Belonging at Yale [Yale]
- Graduate Student Assembly [Graduate School of Arts and Sciences]
- Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) [Yale School of Medicine]
Cultural Centers at Yale
Yale has 4 cultural centers that host many different cultural organizations. Check out their pages to learn more about the cultural organizations associated with these centers. There are other cultural organizations that are not listed here, if you want help on finding those organizations reach out to the DEI chair!